The Team for Low Cost RnD project: STREET-SCAPING
• Thor McIntyre-Burnie – Artistic director of award winning arts company Aswarm : Co- Lead Artist and project co-director.
Aswarm is an award-winning, agile collective that specialises in using sound, digital media to transform the way spaces function & how people interact with them.
Led by Artist & Sound Designer Thor McIntyre-Burnie
(with 20yrs Experience) , we have built a reputation for creating immersive,
site responsive experiences that invite audiences to discover new ways of
utilising their environment.
We design content generation processes to enable many
voices & different perspectives to co-exist in public realm installations
that are experienced from within & explored by multiple senses.
“Thor is one of the most cutting-edge digital artists practising in the UK, he has unique ability to facilitate innovative & meaningful digital creative experiences both in trad & non-trad theatre spaces, he’s constantly creating innovative, urgent & empowering work, enabling us to reconsider the world around us by often including participation & testimonials from minority communities” – Mikey Martins AD Freedom Festival.
“Acoustic art and industrial architecture make music .. build cathedral-like spaces for artists like Thor McIntyre to play in” – Trevor Cox,New Scientist
• Carl & Pat of The Broken Orchestra: Co-Lead Artists and Co-director:
The Broken Orchestra are a musical collective
headed up by producers/writers Pat Dooner and Carl Conway-Davis. As well as
working on commercial releases the pair have scored and performed music for
projects such as ‘Bathwater’ by Imison award winning writer Vicky Foster,
commissioned BBC Contains Strong Language and recorded for BBC Radio 4, ‘Home’
a live performance piece commissioned by Hull Jazz Festival blending live
trip-hop and spoken word, looking at our home town through different sets of
eyes and ‘Fair Winds and Following Seas’ commissioned by Freedom Festival Arts
Trust, an immersive river walk, using gps tracking and smartphones, set along
the river Hull to a soundtrack of music and poetry.
The Broken Orchestra also receives regular airplay
on BBC Radio 6 Music, BBC Introducing and have been played/featured numerous
times on BBC Radio 4 and BBC Radio 3.
• Mikey Martins Director of Freedom Festival Hull : Local Project Mentor and Audience Development Advisor : https://www.freedomfestival.co.uk/our-story/our-people/our-team/
Mikey has worked in the arts festival industry for more
than two decades, across Europe, Canada and Australia. He has worked on
numerous high-profile national and international cultural festivals, sector
support structures and organisations, including – but not exclusively – Norfolk
& Norwich Festival (UK), Winchester Hat Fair (UK) Sydney Festival (AUS)
Melbourne Comedy Festival (AUS) Just for Laughs – Montreal (CA) The Out There
Festival (UK) Brighton Fringe Festival (UK) Casus Circus (Australia) and as a
Creative Producer with Theatre Bristol (UK).
• Laura Beddows, Freedom Festival producer : Marketing, PR and participant/audience Liason. https://www.freedomfestival.co.uk/our-story/our-people/our-team/
Having originally studied Literature and starting her
career with Ilkley Literature Festival as their Programme Coordinator, she has
worked with various Festivals including Leeds International Film Festival, Big
Malarkey Children’s Festival, Leeds Young Film Festival, Green Man Festival and
Hay Festival. Her recent roles include Creative Producer for Light Night Leeds
2018, and Assistant Producer with Hull UK City of Culture 2017 before joining
Freedom Festival Arts Trust in 2018.
• Ambrush Ivanyos : Technical & creative Consultant: https://portfolio.meetlab.hu/cvambrus . Part of ArtTech Collective Meetlab Hungary (http://meetlab.hu/)
An Independent theatre/filmmaker whose recent work & research/ training as focused on 3D game engine architecture and GPS mapping to create multiple-narrative immersive experiences. Introduced to Aswarm through the INISTU network for Art in Public Space. We are working on a new EU project to re think The Speakers project for the Covid-era, adapting it to utilise similar tech.
• Tarim : Programming Creative Consultant https://www.watershed.co.uk/studio/residents/tarim Aswarm Associate. A senior programming wizard, whose skills underpin many an art companies digital project. – Our most recent collaboration with Extant (UK’s leading VI Theatre company) Flight Paths, RnD’d new ways to work with Ambisonic sound for Blind & sighted audiences in a touring theatre context.
• John Sear: Programming& interactive mobile App Design Consultant: (johnsear.com) – Ex -Game Designer now interactive experience designer, we met through Birmingham Open Media (BOM) + he’s since consultant on our NFC tagged phone App project with Welcome Trust at the Barbican Lost & Found
• Martin King: Technical Engineer, programmer & long-time member of Aswarm. Martin is one of those super-geeks that operates without website or biog as he has no need, he’s so indispensable all his work is word-of-mouth. Working across Outdoor arts to Film & TV to electrical engineering. (Incl: Blowing up Hestons oven+ designing a light suit for Korean gameshow +building a London Cab to be remote controlled by web-users in a US derby). More a physical-tech maestro he’s recently started mastering App building and we’d like to support his development of these skills.